RESEARCH // NEWS
- More than 40% of status epilepticus patients suffer adverse outcomes – mortality risk can be estimated already in the emergency room (22.01.2020)
- Academy of Finland grants 1.8 million euros of research infrastructure funding to University of Eastern Finland (22.01.2020)
- University of Eastern Finland will confer 13 honorary doctorates in 2020 (20.01.2020)
- Treatment of pain is a challenge in Alzheimer’s disease (20.01.2020)
- Antipsychotic drugs are associated with increased risk of head and brain injuries among community-dwelling persons with Alzheimer’s disease (16.01.2020)
In the Finnish CAIDE study, people who reported higher work-related stress at midlife were more likely to have dementia 21 years later. In MRI measurements of the brain, high work-related stress was linked to grey-matter volume atrophy.
Too much stress and too little recovery is a risk.
Adjunct Professor Alina Solomon
Sm4rtLab is totally new, revolutionary augmented reality environment combining science and teaching.